Monday, May 27, 2013

West fork Send Session

Brilliant weather in the forecast and the desire to test out the ankle fully led me to hit the road for the west fork boulders. Great rock combined with a short approach made for a great combination. I hit the road early and was met with great conditions at the boulders. Sixty degrees and partly sunny with no wind.
Great Rock
After doing some exploring of the boulder field again I settled in on one boulder to clean and send all the problems on. Lots of trundling, and a little brushing later the boulder was ready for some climbing.
Enigma Arete V2
Attracted to a prow on the south end of the boulder I set to work on sending.
Working Algorithm V5
As it turned out it was a lot harder than it looked. I had to work it out in sections to solve all the little tricks to the problem. Even the finish was spicy just to keep things real to the end.
Knee scum with flag. Supper cool move.

Keep slapping up.

Power toss with big core tension.

Toss for a very bad pinch.
In the end a great line was born. Off to easier ground on the rest of the boulder.
A nice VB jug haul to settle things down.
More trundeling led me to my final problem of the day, a nice roof problem. Fun was the name of the game on this one.
U571 V3

Steep

Jug mantel finish.
What a great day getting back into it. Lots more FA's waiting and I will be back when the weather breaks.
Me under U571
Until next time thanks for readying and keep climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment