Thursday, October 29, 2015

Deep Forested Bouldering; The Family that Climbs Together

Waiting for this day to come has seamed like forever. It's like the coolest thing in your life you can not wait to share with your kids but when that thing is climbing you need to wait for them to be ready. Well my daughter is six and asking all the time when she can go climbing with daddy. So with great excitement off to the boulders we went. She loves the forest so a trip into it for climbing and playing in the woods wast the best option she could think of.
Grace starting up Stairway to Heaven VB
She did awesome on her first problem and had to climb it about 5 times because it was so much fun. I have to say that things seam much scarier when your kid is climbing.
Looking at her feet like a champ.
Almost there!
On top and loving it!
On this day as well daddy had a project that he wanted to send as well. On to the next boulder to see if a send was in store for daddy as well.
Starting up Damascus Steel V3
Cleaning, sweeping, and landing management went quickly and I started into the unknown. At 24ft high I was making sure to put myself in the zone for maximum concentration. Before this I had never been on this line before did not want to take the plunge from the top.
Hand on the jug.
With the cool opening moves sent and my hands on the jug just below the summit I started to think about the send. I new to just stay focus on the climbing but had to step up my game for what came off the jug.
Setting up for the final moves.
Ok lets do this.
To my surprise I found a small left hand hold was all that was there for the exit moves and a big high step then mantel would be the finish. I must say that some sweating was involved looking a the big drop to the ground but pushing it back and rocking over the top followed and the send went down. Motivation is great and having a daughter cheering for you in the background helps as well.
Happy at the boulders.
Glad to have spent this day with my daughter climbing I bought her her first pair of rock shoes a couple weeks later.