Thursday, May 3, 2012

Busy Weekend On All Fronts

I was asked if I could do some filming on Saturday out at the Rat Cave. A good friend of mine just sent Boxcar 13c and thought that it would make for some great footage. I jumped at the chance to do some film work and I have not been out there to climb for quite a while so out to the cave I went.
Spring at the Rat Cave
The session started with a trip up the warm-up and then I went on to a lap on Enchalata. After some more warm-ups Mark was ready to do some filming. Mark did great on the climb. He ended up doing to laps on the climb so that I could get several different shots.
Mark on the crux of Boxcar 5.13c
It turned out to be a great day of filming out at the cave. The final video will be out soon. On Sunday I went to Larch for some bouldering. It turned out to be a great day up there and I declare Larch open for the season. There is still a little snow on the north side but none on any of the boulders. We hit the Eiger boulder first to finish off a project form last year. It was just to hot and the boulder faces south so I waited till this year and the cool of spring for the send.
Were is the shade V4

Were is the shade V4
Eyeing the left leaning seam with little sloping holds I started work on the hard line of the wall. I got to the last move several times but no send yet. Maybe on Saturday it will go down. I packed my things and drove to the top of Larch for some fun on the east side of the slope. While looking around I found a great double arete and when right to work on it.
Verm Boulder
The boulder is about 12' high and pure vertical all the way. There are no holds on the face so slapping your way up both arete's is the only way. What a incredible ride! This is one of the best problems so far for sure. Start in the low horizontal crack and slap all the way to the top. Even the top is a little slopy just to make things even better.
V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA

V for Vendetta V4 FA
Right next door to this boulder was a nice block with some more lines waiting so I got to work and cleaned and sent them. 5 V2's and a V0 later I called it the K2 boulder.
K2 Traverse V2 FA

K2 Traverse V2 FA
For a nice finish on the day I went to the top and got on some old classics. A great end to a long weekend of bouldering. As always contact me if you need any info.
V4/5 Problem on Huck Fin Boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment