Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hot on the outside and Cool in the woods.

Cascade on Saturday was all about no people and very cool conditions in the woods. I was on a mission because I did not have a lot of time to spend. My dad and I went to the Neut boulder and I brushed the last bits of moss off to get it ready for climbing. On the shady side of the boulder are 3 nice problems on an overhang of rock. Two are V4's and one is VB. Salamander is the V4 on the left.



I also ran up a very nice V0 on the left face of the boulder.
Lizard Lizard Lizard V0 FA

Lizard Lizard Lizard V0 FA
Next we packed up the things and headed for the Castle Boulder to see if the wet arete was finally dry. Upon arrival I was glad to see that it was dry but noticed that the crack to the right of it was still wet. I brushed the dirt off the problem and started in on what would be a hard line. The problem is on a overhung arete and has a bad pinch and a very shallow two figure pocket for the start. Then dead point to a slopper and a small crimp and through for a small edge on the top. To make things even worse I broke the edge of the foot hold on my second go so now the dead point was even harder. It took 5 tries but a send came just in time and what a problem it was.
Gold Finger V6 FA
Gold Finger V6 FA

Gold Finger V6 FA

Gold Finger V6 FA

Gold Finger V6 FA
After the send I through my stuff together and headed for the car. Just a three hour stint and 6 new problems added to the Cascade Boulders. This now makes it 125 problems and climbing. I hope to hit it again on Monday after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment