Tuesday, May 15, 2012

To Hot For Climbing? NOT!

As it turns out the shade and nice breezes out at the Cascade Boulders make for some nice climbing conditions even when it is 87 degrees at the car parking area. Thinking of cleaning one of the three boulders in a nice cluster that I have been waiting on for a long time I headed in to check them out. These are three very nice boulders and I got one of them clean on this trip. Next trip maybe the rest of them. After about an hour the boulders was ready to go and I had 6 problems to get done before the sun went down. The first was a nice arete that climbed very well.
The Stooges V3 FA
The next line to the right had good hand holds but it was the feet that were the problem. Fortunately the rock is very textured so smears work out well.
Silver Screen V2 FA

Silver Screen V2 FA
Next up was the line that look hard but so cool. Just barely there for holds and the perfect sit start.
A powerful throw to start.

Bump right hand then throw hard again.

stick a bump to good holds and move up the feet.

One more toss for the top.

Silent Film V6 FA Super Cool.
I cooled down with a nice V0 called Technicolor to the right and called it a night. This now makes it 135 problems at Cascade and I think the number will just keep climbing all year. I no were to go when it gets hot. If you want to check it all out just contact me about a tour of this place.

1 comment:

  1. Tymun, thanks for all the great posts. I've been following your blog for awhile now. If your available sometime I would love to get a tour. Send me a line at natepeach@hotmail.com if you would like to meet up.

    ReplyDelete