Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Cascade Bouldering

On Friday I got off work early so my friend picked me up and off to the Cascade Boulders we went. It was 85 in Portland but not out there. A nice mild 70 in the shade and even cool at the Pocket Boulders area. We cleaned a new boulder off and called it the Burger Boulder.
Burger Boulder
There are 9 problems on this boulder from VB to V4. The boulder is about 10' high at the peek and 20' long. The large face is thin and the arete's on the right are steep. I warmed up on the problems on the large face and  then did the high traverse from right to left.
Torque Converter V3 FA  T.O. Photo
On to the arete with a cool move off the ground to start. A cross to the jug finishes this nice line. The nice bulge on the far right has some nice lines on it for sure. Nice edges and a mono with some deadpoint's in-between make up the movement with a sloopy top out finish.
Mono Manipulation V3 FA  T.O. Photo

Mono Manipulation V3 FA  T.O. Photo
After a nice start to the day on the Burger Boulder I thought I would give a go on the sit start to my hard problem at the Pocket Boulders Perseverance V6 but on the way there i got distracted with this prow on the other side of the boulder.
Punch It V3
It turned out to be a fun little line with a throw for the top.
A said and done I had some success on my project but it will have to weight till next time for the send. Feel free to email me if you want info on the bouldering.



No comments:

Post a Comment